Friday, March 20, 2009

Tea Trouble


I thought it would be a great idea to have some French vanilla tea available for my customers to sip on while they shop. I picked out a spot, rearranged everything and set up cute cups and homemade pastries. Everything looked great and was ready to go until I tried to plug in the cord for the kettle. Tell me, who puts an 18" cord on a kettle? No worries, I figured I would just bring in an extension cord and the tea would be good to go!

I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but my shop is in an old, historic building. It works really well when you sell vintage items to be in a place that has all of the charm that only comes with time. However, if you want to plug a kettle in, it helps to have modern outlets. Some of my outlets are old and unusable, some are new. I thought that the outlet I wanted to use was new....until I tried to plug in the extension cord. It wouldn't fit.

Now, my pastries are just about gone and my poor customers have had to eat them with no tea to quench their thirst. Hopefully I'll get this worked out before tomorrow. In the meantime, I still love my old building, quirks and all.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your blog!!!! Glad you are doing well!
    Sandy - The Tattred House

    ReplyDelete